CRREI provides South Australia’s own commercial, high-throughput radioanalytical facility in collaboration with the Prescott Environmental Luminescence Laboratory, to deliver radiation-related services.
Based at The University of Adelaide, we are co-located with Adelaide Microscopy and world-leading analytical facilities such as the first Atom Trap Trace Facility in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Radionuclide analysis, for environmental monitoring, medical isotopes, and ore and products for mining and mineral processing
- Hi-resolution gamma-ray spectrometry (SAGe & HPGe)
- Alpha-particle spectroscopy
- Alpha-particle autoradiography
- Alpha particle counting
- Radiation monitoring – including near-real time flow sensing
- Low-dose radiological assessment
- Food irradiation testing (no existing regional capability)
- Geochronology for earth sciences, archaeology and palaeontology
- Optical dating (specialising in single-grain dating: SG-OSL)
- Thermoluminescence dating
- Environmental radiation measurement
- Retrospective dosimetry & nuclear forensics – TL/OSL using opportunistically available materials
- Biological and materials analysis on the nanoscale
- Atom trap trace analysis (ATTA); collaboration between IPAS & CSIRO
- OSL, TL and scintillation research and development using optical fibre technologies to create new radiation dosimetry/detectors
- Gamma radiation 3D imaging using solid state crystal detectors
- Gamma ray field intensity measurement using drone-borne custom detectors
Qualified and licensed radiation professionals
We have radiation experts in many different areas, including in medicine, biology, food, mining, defence, environment, regulation and many other fields.
Staff are embedded in CRREI’s cutting edge research projects, and use the latest techniques for the quickest and most accurate results.
CRREI provides in-house services, which include sample preparation, research and development, and results reporting.
Organisations hire our consultants to work as part of their research and innovation team, particularly for product research and development. This is a great way to invest in your future.
We can also make site visits at your place of work. Handy when you need a site assessment or inspection done.
Speak to us about our competitive rates.